Thursday, October 31, 2013

What to do in Jakarta During Lebaran

Thanks for your informative newsletter. I enjoy reading through it. I was wondering of you could help me. I have friends arriving from American On August 8. They will be here 4 days. We leave for Bali on Monday August 12. Looks like so many things are closed for Idul Fitri. Do you know of anything that might be open during August 8-11 to take my friends on their short visit to Jakarta. I assume the museums are closed. Thanks for your advise. Karen ------------------------------ 

Dear Karen, Jakarta during lebaran could be very quite, most places will be closed. Mall / plaza will be open though. And TMII and Safari will be open too but most probably will be too crowded with locals. Maybe try go to Thousand Island; it's only 1,5 hours on speedboat from marina ancol.... Pulaumacan.com , Sepa Island, etc more ideas you can find it here http://whatsnewjakarta.com/content/subcategory/85/7/Weekend-Getaway-Ideas

Avoid going to Bandung, pel ratu, puncak, etc - you will stuck in the traffic for hours as many locals are traveling to their home town. Best Luck!

No comments: