Tuesday, May 17, 2011

International women club in Jakarta

Hi! I'm an Italian 32 years old woman that just moved to Jakarta from China. I was wondering if here in town there is any international women club or similar association organizing fun activities or meetings that can help me to meet immediately some new friends. I hope you can give me some good tips! thanks, Ambra

Hi Ambra,

Welcome to Jakarta!! :)

There are many women's clubs and most accept all nationalities. It's just a matter of finding one you click with.

Try coming to Anza (australia and NZ association) on a Friday morning for their coffee morning. Usually a good crowd of many different nationalities. Ph 7179 3042 for directions.

Or the British women have a morning tea each Monday.

Or just pop into their club houses for a look and a chat.

or Try the Women's International Club Jakarta (WIC)
www.wic.jakarta.or.id or +62 21 526 3302.

Kelly & Lara

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the Indonesian Heritage Society is by far the best place to start with - lectures,workshops,classes, outings,charity work, lots of culture and travel opportunities.

giulia said...

Hi All,
I am a young Italian woman who has also recently moved to Jakarta for work. I am hoping to get some good tips on events in the city and ways I can meet people.

Thanks for your support!
Giulia

Deisywong said...

Hi Giulia,
You can check my website www.whatsnewjakarta.com and join internations.org expats gathering. Next one will on 28th June at amigos bellagio... And you can also get our new guide book
Cheers, Deisy Wong

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You've done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.
Also see my website > last minutes

Iwan setiawan said...

Hi tina

How if my company wannna make a joint partnership with WIC ?