Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Indoor Flower



Hi,

I’m new to Jakarta and currently setting up our house. I have bought some flowers along the road to keep inside the house (the type of flowers we normally have indoors in my country) but they are not happy flowers.
Just wondering if there are any indoor flower shops available tht might have more suitable ones? I haven’t been shopping a whole lot so haven’t got the picture on that yet.

Thanks,
Christina


Hi Christina
I'm not sure if it's the heat or ac. Roses only seem to last a day or so.

If you buy the tropical flowers like the queen
Of the night, banana man or Ginger flowers they seem to last a lot longer.

Also potted live orchids last very well. When the flowers fall off give them to your gardener to keep in the garden and buy another as they are very cheap.

Kelly

Hi,

Thanks for your advice., I’ll look for the flowers that you recommended.
Also, I have another maybe “strange question”, do you know if it is possible to get wood chips anywhere to put on top of the flowerbeds outside?
I’ve checked with my gardener but he doesn’t seem to understand what I mean.
I’ve used that in the past and it makes it look quite nice.

Thanks,
Christina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi chris,
I am sure many flowers in jakarta. As a local citizen, I'm pleasure to help you to find flowers. Let me know what flowers you need and I wish to bring you the one :-)