Monday, August 22, 2011

Travel to Jakarta Tips



Hi there ladies,

I have read some of your questions and see that mine doesnt fall within your general advice but here it goes.

My cousin and I will be visting Jakarta this November and not sure where the best part of the city is to book a hotel and still be close enough to the night life and other main attractions. Also can we use the train - is it realiable to get around?

Thanks
Nicoleen



Hi Nicoleen,

Please check WhatsNewJakarta.com and buy their book in the airport bookstore -
JAKARTA ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE 2011 - 2012 1st EDITION,
1st EDITION
BAR AND RESTAURANT LISTING INCLUDING MAPS

We won't recommended train unless you want to go outside Jakarta.
We would recommend you to always use Blue bird taxi here (it's cheap and safe).

Our recommendation hotel for you to stay is better in South Jakarta area ...

5 stars hotel -
Le meredien
Intercontinental Hotel
Hyatt
Mandarin Hotel
Marriot
Ritz Carlton

3 - 4 stars
Ibis Hotel in Wahid Hasyim
Harris hotel in Tebet
Gran Mahakam Hotel
Gran Kemang Hotel

Place to hang out : check this link http://www.whatsnewjakarta.com/web3/event/EventList.php?cboGroup=54

Good luck!
Lara & Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,
let me tell you, using bus way is better. transportation in jakarta is suck! I'm sorry, I live here.

Stephina Suzzane said...

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. Cheap Flights to Jakarta